- Added ability to automatically trigger GC periodically in the target application.
- "Automatically find finalizable types" now runs on a different AppDomain, which allows you to recompile assemblies with Undisposed open.
- System.Object appears in the list of finalizable types
- FinalizerTypeFinder does not work on mixed mode assemblies
- Undisposed LogViewer always says "x undisposed objects detected", even if x == 1
Unzip package and register Undisposed.dll using regsvr32 Undisposed.dll. Launch UndisposedViewer.exe. Specify the executable which you want to monitor for undisposed objects, command line arguments if any, the location of the log file which will contain information about undisposed objects and their corresponding constructor stack traces, and the list of fully qualified type names to monitor.
Click Go. The executable will launch. Perform operations that exercise the code paths that create undisposed objects and exit the launched application. The log file will list the type of each undisposed object, followed by the stack trace of its constructor. UndisposedViewer.exe will automatically open the log file in the log viewer once the launched executable terminates.Registration errors
In case regsvr32.exe says "The application configuration is incorrect", please install the VC redistributable for VS 2008 from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en.